Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yule Tidings!

Okay, don't be scared.... I cooked! Now, now, I know what you're thinking. .o0(Oh No! Did she burn down her apartment complex?!) And I say to you, "Nay Nay!" We discovered that I'm a great cook. Go figure. I made Roasted Dijon and Apple-Glazed Turkey with Fruited Stuffing, Sweet Potato Oranges, Hot Artichoke and Spinach Dip, Peanut butter pie, and Iced Pumpkin Cookies. To my delight everyone enjoyed it. There was no complaints and everyone finished their plates.... and NO, no one dropped their food on the floor! haha. That was the entirety of Saturday. I started cooking around 10am and stopped around 7pm. It wasn't stressful at all, but I was exhausted by night time, and yet, I can't wait to do it again next year.

Now to back up a bit. Friday Brian and I had our own mini Christmas. I lit up my tree (which is hidden from my cats in my bed room.) and we opened presents. I was so excited to find that Brian bought me a board game that I've been staring at in Game Daze for months now. It's called Mr. Jack, where one of the two players represents Jack the Ripper, the other player tries to figure out who Jack is. It's a complete blast! 


Sunday we finished the 2nd season of Dollhouse. Damnit Joss Whedon! I cried! Never would have seen the end of that show go that direction. We pretty much stayed on the couch all Sunday. After the busy weekend I was tired and attached to the cushions.

As for this up coming weekend, I'll be in Kingman to see the folks and Brian will be in Tucson. Can't wait to spend time with my family and close friends. See you all there and everyone else have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment